After a few hours searching / reading blogs to make the Ruby On Rails project work integrated with the Webpack I decided to document the process.
First at all my project was generated at version 5.0.0, now is using ROR 5.1.4 (last stable) and Ruby 2.5.0.
What I’ll show in this post?
- Installing Node.js
- Installing Yard
- Installing Webpacker
- Removing Assets Pipeline
- Configuring Environment files
- Installing Babel ECMAScript 5
- Configuring Webpack to use Babel
- Webpack: Runnig first pack
- Webpack: Resolving older assets
- Webpack: Compiling and transpiling assets